15.9 C
Monday, May 29, 2023
HomeAnimalsEvery pet owner should be aware of these Christmas Dangers

Every pet owner should be aware of these Christmas Dangers

Over 80 percent of the pet chocolate poisoning cases happen over the Christmas Eve in the world. These statistics have been confirmed by the Vets emergency services. While the majority of pet owners are aware of the toxicity of chocolate to their pets, along with some other common foods like nuts, onions, and fatty foods, it has been revealed that most pets suffer from poisoning during this festive holiday season. Just a few of those dark squares of chocolate can be pretty deadly for your poet.

Today we have gathered some of the main things that can be harmful to your adorable pets, so you can keep them safe.

So scroll down to look at all these Christmas Dangers that every pet owner should be aware of.

Christmas lights & batteries

Christmas lights


Just like you do for little children, make sure to make the batteries and wire inaccessible for the pets too. They can be burnt or get electrocuted by chewing on those Christmas lights and cables. As for swallowing batteries, they can cause internal injuries to mouth, stomach, and esophagus.

Christmas tree

Christmas tree


Most people prefer to decorate their house with real Pine tree as a Christmas tree in their house. However, the Pine needles are a real danger of pets because they can cause vomiting and diarrhea f consumed by the pets.

Even if you deiced to have an artificial tree, it is best to secure it by putting an appropriate blockage to refrain the pets from eating these artificial needles.




Christmas is brought into our house by the burning candles. However, never leave a burning candle unattended, if you have a pet around the house. Pets might burn their pas and noses. Pets are often curious and taste and smell everything. They might even knock the candle down and start a raging fire. To be on the safer side, always blow out the candle when you leave the room.




Chocolate is the worst enemy for any pet. Theobromine, a substance in chocolate, if consumed in large quantities can cause severe medical problems in pets. This also implies that every food that has cocoa in it is deadly for pets.

Beware of the chocolate toxicity signs, which are vomiting, diarrhea, weakness, tremors, seizures, and rapid heart rate. Severe cases can lead to even death of the pet.

Holiday plants like beautiful poinsettias, holly, mistletoe, and lilies are deadly for pets



All Christmas plants no matter how beautiful they look are deadly for your pet. Poinsettias contain a substance that can cause mouth swelling, stomachache, and vomiting.

Lilies if eaten by both cats and dogs can lead to kidney disorders.

If you want to decorate your house with these flowers, either chose a plastic or silk, artificial flowers as a safer pet option.

Snow globes

Snow globes


Who does not loves snow globes? Well, we all do, but did you know that they could be pretty hazardous for your pets? Simply a broken snow globe can hurt your pet’s paws and their habit of eating anything and in this case, the broken glass can lead to deadly problems to their mouth, stomach, and gastric system.

Snow globe also contains a material called Antifreeze and kittens are especially affected by it. One tablespoon of this substance can be deadly for the cats.

Wrapping paper

Wrapping paper


We are all aware that Christmas is a gift-giving season and we often create our own DIY present by wrapping them in decoration papers for our loved ones. In such cases, the wrapping paper must be stored away hidden from one’s pets. Eating such paper can cause obstruction in their intestines.

Fatty, spicy, & very rich foods

rich foods


Fat and sugar are not good for the bellies of pet cats and dogs. On Christmas Eve, many of the pets are rushed to the emergency services due to them overindulging in fatty foods like sausages, bacon, and lamb chops. These foods can lead to inflammation of the pet’s pancreas, which can lead to very serious health problems.

Related Content

Jake; a puppy saved from a fire is now a firefighter

Petra; The dog who once turned to stone was afraid of human touch, but now demands belly rubs

These hilarious animals decided to be bad guys

Leave your vote

0 points
Upvote Downvote

Total votes: 0

Upvotes: 0

Upvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Downvotes: 0

Downvotes percentage: 0.000000%

This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!


Most Popular

Recent Comments

Hey there!


Forgot password?

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.


    Processing files…